Saturday 11 February 2012

Thwarted by Apple

A few weeks ago, when Apple was unable to remove a tiny piece of plug stuck in my laptop's headphone jack and I went back to the office and forced it out, I did a little happy dance.  'Ha ha Apple!' I thought.  'I outmaneuvered you.'  It only makes sense that the universe could not abide this slight and sent the Apple spirit to crush me.

Today, after waking up far too late, I set out to unlock my phone.  After having trouble even with the jailbreak process I was finally one click away from saying ta-ta to AT&T when...nothing happened.  The program didn't work and I went on an internet researching spree only to discover that my phone is literally un-unlockable on its current baseband.  Determined not to be defeated, I found a site detailing a complicated process of restoring the phone to an older OS (which changes the BB) and then tricking it with new iPhone software files while retaining the old "new" baseband.  'Ha ha!' I thought again.

But no.  I should have realized straight from the start that I bought my phone recently enough that it was always only ever running on iOS 5 and couldn't be re-built on 4.  There is literally nothing I can do until UltraSn0w or someone comes out with a hack for stupid 04.11.08.  4 hours wasted AND I'll have to buy a phone this side!

Super pissed, I finally left the flat and treated myself to Indian food, which was dee-licious!  Now I'm drinking a beer, being grumpy and opting to unpack rather than go out.

I didn't write yesterday but the only thing to report is I had a nice welcome lunch with some of the staff.  The re-recording mixers, 4 of the ADR mixer / recordists, a girl from bookings, the IT manager and I trekked over to the pub (surprise!) and Jamie was v kind and properly toasted my arrival.

A bit anxious for Monday but I'm always anxious when I don't quite know what to expect!

Woooooosah.

No comments:

Post a Comment